Tuesday Thingers


Here is this week's Tuesday Thingers courtesy of The Boston Bibliophile

Since we're past the Fourth of July and the summer season has officially started, what are your plans for the summer? Vacations, trips? Trips that involve reading? Reading plans? If you're going somewhere, do you do any reading to prepare? Do you read local literature as part of your trip? Have you thought about using the LT Local feature to help plan your book-buying?

We don't have any big vacation plans for the summer. My husband takes the boys to Montreal during the winter to see the NHL games and we take many small weekend trips year-round so it's no big deal to me.

Usually during the summer I enjoy weekend getaways to hunt out used book shops I've never been to. The weekends we spend at the cottage I also hunt for out of print books at yard sales.

My reading habits are really unstructured in the summertime, I read whatever strikes me as interesting, often reading 4 or 5 books at the same time - that's my idea of a lazy summer. So unless I have an ARC to review, anything goes!



© 2008-2010 Joanne Mosher of The Book Zombie. All rights reserved.

4 comments:

Kathleen Gilligan said...

Hunting for books at used-book shops sounds like a great way to pass the time :)

Anonymous said...

a cottage just screams Austen and Bronte. I suppose, though, year after year, even they'd get old.

I love hunting for used books stores...I am compelled to go in them...I cannot resist... :-D

Joanne ♦ The Book Zombie said...

I love the mystery of used book shops - you never know what you will find :)

Trixie said...

Your reading habits sound like mine (4 or 5 books at a time)...
And new book shops and a cottage sounds like a delightful way to spend the summer!