✉ Mailbox Monday ✉

Mailbox Monday

My mail was very slow this week, but that’s actually really good for me because I have a pile of ARCs screaming my name. I did receive from BookMooch a book I have been wanting to read for ages and I also got a review copy of a new young adult series that my son is very excited about (hopefully I can wrangle a review out of him once he’s done)

This weekend me and the hubs enjoyed a kid-free day trip to down to Bridgewater, NS and back up through the Annapolis Valley. Along our way we found a new bookshop in Wolfville,NS called The Odd Book! *Squee* I love finding cool shops!
 

Postal Pickings 

summon the keeper
From BookMooch I received Summon The Keeper by Tanya Huff
It is the first book in The Keeper’s Chronicles series and features Austin the cat and his human keeper Claire Hansen.
the book of names 
The Book Of Names by D. Barkley Briggs, first in the Legends Of Karac Tor series. This is a review copy, but my son snagged it from me, so I think I will get him to review it.

Recycled Reads (or) I Found A New Used Bookshop!

bluebeard slapstick gravediggers daughter jane austen book club book of lists horror
rogue devil inside charmed and dangerous ghost of a chance drowned night

So what books did you welcome into
your home this week?

Head over to The Printed Page and check out what the mailperson brought everyone else too!



© 2008-2010 Joanne Mosher of The Book Zombie. All rights reserved.

8 comments:

Serena said...

What a wide variety of book finds. I didn't like the Jane Austen Book Club as much as other reviewers, but I think I had expected too much.

Anonymous said...

With all your great finds, it's a good thing you had a slow mail week.

Lenore Appelhans said...

I need to pick up some more Joyce Carol Oates. I really love her writing.

Melody said...

Wow, all these sounds exciting! Happy reading! :)

Anonymous said...

The Gravedigger's Daughter was awesome. I still haven't written my review (good grief I'm behind!), but I really liked it.

Kim

Anna said...

Curious to hear what you think of The Gravedigger's Daughter and The Jane Austen Book Club. I've read them both, but haven't posted the reviews. I'm a bit behind.

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric

Cathy said...

It's *always* great to find a new bookstore!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for stopping by the 'mailbox' this week. The mailbox may have been slow but you've still been a busy girl. Look at all those books.