*Well not really, but I’ve always wanted to use that as a post title :D
Serena, at Savvy Verse & Wit tagged me for the 7 random things about me meme, so here are 7 strange or random tidbits:
- For no apparent reason and at random times I will suddenly get the theme songs from Twin Peaks stuck in my head. This happens to me all the time.
- I’ve got the most bizarre movie-crush on The Dude from The Big Lebowski “I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.”
- Celery is evil and unnatural in my humble opinion.
- Celery with peanut butter and raisins on it is the bastard child of Jeffrey Dahmer and Britney Spears.
- I have a thing about pens, highlighters and other writing tools – when I find one that I like the feel/style of I buy lots and guard them like gold.
- Just recently I have developed an unhealthy addiction to Eastenders, the really, really old re-runs you can watch on DejaView and TVLand.
- A few years ago me and the hubs stayed in NYC for a week and we didn’t realize until we got home that we forgot to visit the Empire State building :P
Naida from The Bookworm has given me the Great Buddy Award. Thank you Naida! That is so awesome, and you’re a rockin’ Great Buddy too :)
Chartroose from Bloody Hell, It's A Book Barrage! has passed on the Blog Nog Award to me! Haha that’s the most awesome eggnog dude, and from the look on his face he looks like my kind of drink too – 75% rum 25% nog. Thanks Chartroose!
The Book Buying Meme
J.Kaye tagged me for the Book Buying Meme which asks: If you're buying books for the holidays, why do you pick out the ones you do? My answer is below and check out J.Kaye’s answer here too!
The easy part is buying books for the book lovers I know, I usually have a pretty good idea of just what they are looking for or what they may like. For the people I am unsure about, I try to look for something related to a hobby or interest they have. Coffee table books or reference books are always good ideas. But if it’s a gift for someone I have no idea about in terms of reading taste I often give a gift card or a journal/notebook. I really prefer to buy an actual book for people though because I like the thought involved in finding the perfect book.
© 2008-2010 Joanne Mosher of The Book Zombie. All rights reserved.