Tuesday Thingers - “Everything popular is wrong.”


Today’s Question

What's the most popular book in your library? Have you read it? What did you think? How many users have it?

Automatically I guessed that Harry Potter would be the most popular book in my library. But I managed to fulfil that old adage ‘to assume makes an ass…’ Completely slipped my mind that our Potter books didn’t make it into the LT database because my sons gave them to a friend when they were done reading them. Why then are there 5 Harry Potter books on the bookcase in our hallway? Beats me. Anywho, according to LibraryThing the most popular book in my library is:

  
J.D. Salinger’s Catcher In The Rye

  • 21,989 people own this book.
  • There are 265 member reviews.
  • Average rating of 3.98.
  • 166 conversations involving this book.
  • There are 131 various cover images.

 

 

 

*Oh and the quote in the title of this post is from Oscar Wilde.



© 2008-2010 Joanne Mosher of The Book Zombie. All rights reserved.

3 comments:

Wendi said...

Our book club is thinking of reading Catcher early next year.

Here's my Thinger!

:) Wendi

bermudaonion said...

Our Harry Potter books are on my son's shelves and didn't make it into my library either. The Golden Compass was tops for me.

The Bookworm said...

Catcher In The Rye is a great book.
I think Twilight is the most popular book in my library at the moment.

http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/