World Citizen Challenge 2009

WhatWorld Citizen Challenge 2009 
Who – Hosted by Eva
Where
World Citizen Challenge Blog
When – 1/1/09 through 12/31/09
How – There are six categories of books: politics, economics, history, culture or anthropology/sociology, worldwide issues, and memoirs/autobiographies.
Why – A reading challenge that invites participants to get to know the world better and become true world citizens.

Click here for all the details.

 

I chose the to complete The Minor Level
You’ve taken a couple classes in World Citizenship and decide to go ahead and get the minor. After all, you’ll learn more stuff and you can still have a practical major! For this level, you need to commit to three books, from at least two different categories.

My proposed reading list:

  1. The Tipping Point: How Little Things Can Make A Big Difference (Sociology)
  2. The Wal-Mart Effect (Economics)
  3. Gonzo: The Life Of Hunter S. Thompson (Biography/Culture


© 2008-2010 Joanne Mosher of The Book Zombie. All rights reserved.

3 comments:

Eva said...

Your selections look good-welcome to the challenge! :)

Andi said...

I'm glad you're joining in on this one, Joanne! I'm looking forward to what you think of the books.

Anonymous said...

I read The Tipping Point earlier this year, but I still haven't reviewed it. I thought it was interesting, for sure, but I'm not entirely certain if I agree with all his claims. I'm looking forward to reading what you think!

Kim