March 2009 – Reading Recap

Books Read in March 2009

  1. Mr & Mrs Fitzwilliam Darcy ♦ Sharon Lathan
  2. The Reader ♦ Bernhard Schlink
  3. Paper Towns ♦ John Green
  4. Sum ♦ David Eagleman
  5. Emily’s Secret Book of Strange ♦ Rob Reger
  6. Joy Of Spooking ♦ PJ Bracegirdle
  7. Horns & Wrinkles ♦ Joseph Helgerson
  8. Unhappy Endings ♦ Brian Keene
  9. Ghostwriter ♦ Travis Thrasher
  10. Wondrous Strange ♦ Lesley Livingston
  11. Peculia & The Groon Grove Vampires ♦ R.Sala
  12. Kitty Takes A Holiday ♦ Carrie Vaughn
  13. Wetlands ♦ Charlotte Roche
  14. The Dreaming Volume 1 ♦ Queenie Chan
  15. Kitty And The Silver Bullet ♦ Carrie Vaughn
  16. Forest Of Hands And Teeth ♦ Carrie Ryan
  17. Kitty Raises Hell ♦ Carrie Vaughn

 

 


Not too bad, I’m definitely doing well with the reading side of things. But still pretty crap at the reviewing, although March has been crazy what with the kids home from school. During the past month I did manage to catch up on some of the books I’ve been meaning to post about bringing my reviews done to 29 out of 55! These are the previously read books I’ve reviewed in March


Weird. Strange. Unusual. Keywords.
Here’s some of the search terms which led people to my blog in the month of March. Not many interesting ones this time, it seemed like most of the searches lately have been about getting book analysis and summaries, lots of book report searches – makes me breathe a sigh of relief that my own kids enjoy reading and don’t have to search the internet to do their homework – if these kids can’t read a book for jr high school, how are they ever going to make it through University? Anyways, that’s a rant for another day :P

“book of negros” + “different title” – Not sure if I mentioned it in my review or not, but The Book Of Negroes is known as Someone Knows My Name in the US market. Lawrence Hill addresses the name change in this article.

“sparkly vampires must die” – Mwaaahhhaaahhhaaa  \m/

“people who constantly whine about the weather” – I live in Nova Scotia, you’d whine too.

“holding readathons” – There’s a readathon coming up on April 18, check it out here.

“morocco, pirates, embroidery” – Sounds like you’re looking for Jane Johnson’s book The Tenth Gift aka Crossed Bones.

“name the 16 characters of The Westing House”  – Had about 25 searches for this question. You’d probably have more luck using the books correct title The Westing Game and try Wikipedia, it has answers to questions you never even knew you even asking.

“haunted harbours chapters/indigo” – Sweet book! Haunted Harbours was written by a local author known as Steve Vernon. Check out his website to find out whether he’s doing any appearances. He was at last years Word On The Street event, I wanted to get my book signed, but yeah I was too shy :)

“how to get passed the crypt in god of war” – Sorry, no idea. I so want this game though!

“naked sex lolcat” – That’s so wrong dude! I will however take advantage of any opportunity for lolcat fun, so here’s some sex/nudity related kittehz!





   


© 2008-2010 Joanne Mosher of The Book Zombie. All rights reserved.

10 comments:

Beth F said...

Wow!!! What a month! I've got to up my reading time!

Lenore Appelhans said...

I heard Wetlands was super disgusting. What did you think?

Ana S. said...

lmao. You killed me with those lolcats :P

chrisa511 said...

Those LOL cats are awesome! Had me cracking up. You had an awesome reading month! Congrats!!

Vasilly said...

I love your chart for March. What did you think of Horns and Wrinkles? Have a good week.

Darlene said...

Good month of reading. I really need to step it up for April. Hope you have a great week!

B.Kienapple said...

I am totally in awe of your speed reading abilities! Also, the LOLcats made my day.

Anna said...

Looks like you had a great month! Hope April treats you well, too.

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric

Ladytink_534 said...

You did great! I might haveto start breaking down my reading stats like you do. Very neat :) Lol, the middle bottom one is my fav lolcat!

Michelle Olsen Sasak said...

Your reading was great! I noticed you didn't review Forest of Hands and Teeth - did you like it?