Dewey’s 24 Hour Read-A-Thon Mid-Event Survey
1. What are you reading right now?
Life Inside: A Memoir by Mindy Lewis
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?
Not really, I successfully worked the Read-A-Thon into my plans today.
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
No interruptions so far, everything’s going great.
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
Hmm, well last Read-A-Thon I got sorta stressed out about how many pages, how quickly I was reading. But this time I’m a lot more relaxed, enjoying my reading.
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
None, this is my second Read-A-Thon and it’s just as great as my first.
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader if you were to do this again next year?
Find out how to post updates on my blog from my BlackBerry :P
9. Are you getting tired yet?
It’s only just past 10pm here so no, I’ve just gotten my normal nighttime second wind.
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered?
I think the best thing to remember for readers it that it’s not a competition or a race, for me the main idea behind the Read-A-Thon is to spend an entire 24 hour period doing what you love. And sharing that with all the other participants. It’s a celebration!
As for the cheerleaders – they’re always super amazing! Their enthusiasm is incredible and you can really tell how much fun they have motivating and offering encouragement.
Anyone who knows me (or read the title of my blog) knows that I love zombies with all my heart!
While browsing I found this poster available for order at the Demco website. It even has matching bookmarks. They have all kinds of neat library related things on the site.
Not sure what this has to do with the Read-A-Thon. Just a random thing that made me smile :)
© 2008-2010 Joanne Mosher of The Book Zombie. All rights reserved.