Bloggiesta has officially started and I was happy to learn that I’m not too late to join in! Everyone probably knows all about the Bloggiesta, but for anyone who wants to know more head over to Maw Books Blog where Natasha has all the details and information to get you started.
The basics of Bloggiesta are simple, easy and sure to improve your blogging experience.
Oh and that little guy in the Bloggiesta button – he’s Pedro and his name says it all.
Plan. Edit. Develop. Review. Organize.
I’ve got a list of things (in my head, and on scraps of paper) that I’ve been wanting to get done for awhile now. This afternoon I discovered I would be having some free time this weekend – woohoo! So here is a list of goals for my Bloggiesta weekend.
- Get at least ten reviews written up to keep for the future. I’d like to always have a bank of posts available to withdraw from.
- Place my review books in order of publication date to make it easier for picking out what needs to be read, and when.
- Update my list of books reviewed on my blog.
- Update my challenge progress for this year. I’ve been terrible at keeping track of what books fit into what challenges.
- I already have templates for most posts but I need to clear out the old and unused ones from my blog publishing program.
- Also de-clutter, delete or finish up posts that are sitting in my drafts folder.
- Clean-up, re-organize my sidebar. Fix dead links.
- I’ve been playing with some logos to use in my blog, header, other social sites. I’d like to either come to a decision or look into some of the artists I know and order something.
- Try to find a more recent picture of me that miraculously doesn’t have me wearing a hoodie, making faces, or looking like a punk.
- Update About Me and perhaps think up something in terms of review policy/guidelines. Any help or recommendations on policy would be so, so welcome!
- Google Reader. I cannot even put into words how much of a mess that damn thing is. I need badly to remove old subscriptions, read interesting posts I’ve starred and add blogs that I read but forgot to subscribe to.
So yeah, I think that’s it. It’s a big list, and like always I have a lot I want to accomplish. But honestly if I only get 4 or 5 things done from here I will be extremely satisfied.
Good luck to everyone else participating, and thanks so much to Natasha and all the lovely bloggers who are holding mini-challenges during this great event!
The starting line, mini-challenges, sponsors and more can be found here.
And for all you twits out there, here is the twitter hashtag #bloggiesta.
© 2008-2010 Joanne Mosher of The Book Zombie. All rights reserved.