TSS ♦ Organizing … the blog and the books (o.O)


Haven’t done a Sunday Salon in quite awhile, and this one is basically going to be about me whining, complaining, trying to figure out what needs to be done organizationally for my blog.

First off, and most importantly I have a backlog of reviews to get settled. Review copies and ARCs that I’ve read and not reviewed have taken the top spot in must-do. Apologies to publishers and authors I am owing posts to, but they are coming. I’m hoping to get completely caught up by the middle to end of February. In the next week, I’ll be blogging about the following books:

The 30-Second Commute After You Await Your Reply John Dies At The End The Love We Share Without Knowing Zombocalypse Now

** Just now looking at those 6 book covers I realized how weird eclectic my reading taste actually is **


Another post I have lined up is a look at the first 8 books in the Sookie Stackhouse series, and the short story anthology. I’d actually considered making this into a monthly type of post – since I’ve been re-reading a lot of series’ books to catch back up with newly released additions to the series’.

 01 Dead Until Dark 02 Living Dead In Dallas 03 Club Dead 04 Dead To The World 05 Dead As A Doornail 06 Definitely Dead 07 All Together Dead08 From Dead To Worse A Touch Of Dead


Challenges. That’s another biggie on my list of organizing must-do’s. I haven’t taken a really close look but I think that I may have failed to complete 3 of my 2009 challenges. But on the plus side even though the end-dates have passed, I still intend to continue with them for my own personal satisfaction. As for 2010 challenges, I’ve chosen a few to take part in, signed up, and posted my challenge posts. I feel good about the ones I’ve picked so there is another plus.


Now onto the thing that is driving me absolutely out of my mind, crazy! My books, bookcases, shelves, etc. Here’s the situation … too many books + not enough shelves = insanity, tears and denial. In the next few weeks I need to completely fix this or I may need medication and/or a straitjacket. First I need to gather all the books in the house and analyze – creating piles of ‘must-keeps’, ‘to-be-reads’ and ‘these need to go’. Funny thing is, this past semester I studied the weeding process for libraries, and got a pretty awesome grade for my final assignment which involved actually weeding books from a collection – however they were books that weren’t mine – that makes all the difference imo :P

Anyways, hopefully I can weed my own collection, and make a nice sized donation and a pile to trade for book credits. I may take photos of this epic endeavor of re-organization – maybe a before and after style montage – that’s if I can manage to not sob like a toddler the entire time :D

Happy Sunday everyone!



© 2008-2010 Joanne Mosher of The Book Zombie. All rights reserved.

12 comments:

Ana S. said...

Haha, yes - I'd have no problem weeding someone else's books. My own, though? Ze preciooooous!

Darlene said...

I'm curious to see what you thought of After You. I read that a while back. I really need to get my butt in gear and get to reading my Sookie Stackhouse books.

Organization? What's that? My books are a disaster so I can completely relate. I need to make piles as well and then maybe it wouldn't be quite so overwhelming.

I'm so glad to see you back again. I missed you. I hope all is well.

Anonymous said...

There is lots of talk about weeding today...maybe you all could form a support group. :-D

Eileen said...

I think a lot of book bloggers have that same problem: too many books, too little shelves! And I just got a new bookcase a couple months ago! I'm thinking about getting a third, little one for mass market paperbacks.

I can't wait for your thoughts on the Sookie Stackhouse series. I love True Blood but haven't read the books yet.

bermudaonion said...

You made me chuckle. It's always easy to weed someone else's books, isn't it?

Ladytink_534 said...

Looking forward to your Sookie post. I recently read this series again and I'm going insane waiting for the next one. I now have the exact opposite problem, I have too many shelves and not enough books! Happy reading and good luck with your reviews and challenges.

Care said...

yippeeeee! and good luck. I was worried/impressed when I saw so many posts for you in my GR - but it is mostly challenge lists, right?

KyleeJ said...

Good luck with the weeding! I'll be staying tuned for the results. Good to see you're back.

Belle said...

I've really got to get started on the Sookie series. I have the first book in both audio and print, so there's no excuse - plus my son read right through the box set of 7 I bought last year, in the space of a week!

We have plans afoot in terms of our living space, which means we will be renting a storage unit - that's where a lot of my books will go this year, I think. Hopefully within a couple of years, all our plans will be in place and I'll have tons of room for them. :)

Cindy said...

Hi! Just found your blog and I like it! I'm a follower now! come follow me if you like my site!
Cindy
princessbookie.com

Kailana said...

I need to get organized... Maybe a post is the answer.

The Bookworm said...

good luck with getting organized...sigh...too many books, not enough space!
http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/