What's your favourite bookstore? Is it an online store or a bricks-and-mortar store? How often do you go book shopping? Is your favourite bookstore(s) listed as a favourite in LT? Do you attend events at local bookstores? Do you use LT to find events?
When I first saw this week's topic a couple answers came to mind, but after a bit more thought I realized that I don't have any specific favourites. The reason behind this revelation seems to be the simple fact that if a shop sells books I'm happy, regardless of whether I walk out with 1 book or 10. I don't buy books online too often, only if it's a must-have or if I have a certificate to spend, but when I do it's usually from Indigo or Amazon.I've listed a couple of the bookstores near me that I frequent at least once a week (sometimes more).
- Chapters / Indigo
- Dartmouth Book Exchange, Dartmouth, NS
- Bing's Books - Lower Sackville, NS
- Buy the Book & More - Bedford/Halifax, NS
- Books Galore - Kentville, NS
- Books Galore & More - Upper Tantallon, NS
- Old Fezziwig's Books & Baubles - Elmsdale, NS
- The Book Rack - Dartmouth, NS
- Books R' Us - Halifax, NS
As for attending events at bookshops, I don't normally no, but I have attended some just by chance, so the answer to whether I use LT to find events is no also.
© 2008-2010 Joanne Mosher of The Book Zombie. All rights reserved.