Tuesday Thingers - Favourite Bookstores

tuesday thingersWhat's your favourite bookstore? Is it an online store or a bricks-and-mortar store? How often do you go book shopping? Is your favourite bookstore(s) listed as a favourite in LT? Do you attend events at local bookstores? Do you use LT to find events?

When I first saw this week's topic a couple answers came to mind, but after a bit more thought I realized that I don't have any specific favourites. The reason behind this revelation seems to be the simple fact that if a shop sells books I'm happy, regardless of whether I walk out with 1 book or 10. I don't buy books online too often, only if it's a must-have or if I have a certificate to spend, but when I do it's usually from Indigo or Amazon.I've listed a couple of the bookstores near me that I frequent at least once a week (sometimes more).

  • Chapters / Indigo
  • Dartmouth Book Exchange, Dartmouth, NS
  • Bing's Books - Lower Sackville, NS
  • Buy the Book & More - Bedford/Halifax, NS
  • Books Galore - Kentville, NS
  • Books Galore & More - Upper Tantallon, NS
  • Old Fezziwig's Books & Baubles - Elmsdale, NS
  • The Book Rack - Dartmouth, NS
  • Books R' Us - Halifax, NS

As for attending events at bookshops, I don't normally no, but I have attended some just by chance, so the answer to whether I use LT to find events is no also.



© 2008-2010 Joanne Mosher of The Book Zombie. All rights reserved.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow I guess I'm picky not only do I go to one chain of bookstore I typically only go to one specific location. But I am branching out tonight. My favorite chain is opening in a new location so I will have a look see.

Kathleen Gilligan said...

Amazon's my number one :) Looks like you have a lot of great stores nearby.

The Budgeting Diva said...

It looks like you have a lot of really cool bookstores on your area!

Anonymous said...

One thing I don't like about buying books online is that I can't touch or smell them first. It sounds kind of freaky when I put it in words, but reading is something I like to do with as many of my senses as possible.

Anonymous said...

Such a nice selection to choose from!