The Weekly Geeks #13 assignment is a fantabulous biblio-themed photo meme. When I took a look at the WG#13 I thought "Woot", I love, love, love author photos - both the glamour studio shots and random, relaxed pics. It's interesting to take a look at a person's eyes in a picture and wonder if they are thinking about words to be, words they wrote or just hoping that the photographer is getting their good side. So without anymore rambling here are the Weekly Geeks #13 instructions from Dewey:
This week’s theme is a sort of meme. (Hey, I rhymed!) Your basic challenge is to post author photos.
Using the meme-like list below, post photos of authors in response. Please feel free to skip any you don’t like. You’re also free (encouraged!) to add your own, but if you do that, please be sure to indicate which are yours, so that people can credit you if they use yours.
But don’t put words/names with your photos. Ask your readers to guess your answers! If you have a book to give away, you may want to offer a prize, maybe draw a name from those readers who guess correctly.
1. Photos of your favourite author(s).
2. Photo(s) of the author(s) of the book(s) you’re currently reading.
3. Photo(s) of any author(s) you’ve met in person (even very briefly).
4. A youtube of (an) author(s) you’ve heard speak.
5. Any photo(s) you may have of yourself with an author.
6. A photo of the author of the book you’ve most recently finished.
7. Photos of the hottest author(s)!
Authors I'm Currently Reading
Recently Read Authors
So there they are my favourites (changes constantly, but here are today's), my current reads and my recent reads. Unfortunately I have no prizes to offer (although lately I have been pondering an end of summer giveaway/contest - more news soon, promise).
© 2008-2010 Joanne Mosher of The Book Zombie. All rights reserved.