The Top Ten Things You Can Do While Reading That You Never Thought You’d Be Doing!
- You wouldn’t believe how easy it is to fold laundry while reading, it’s as though the motions are hard-wired into the brain.
- Throw tennis balls for a crazy hyper-active Border Collie who needs to do backyard flyball at least a million times a day.
- Walk around the house holding the book you’re reading while trying not to trip over assorted sports equipment, dogs, a cat slithering between your feet and soggy tennis balls.
- Eat a plateful of leftover Turkey Day food without spilling gravy down your chin, over your book, into your lap etc.
- Vacuum the rug while holding and reading a book without accidentally sucking up any objects lying around (example – the cat)
- Carry on a telephone conversation with your super-chatty friend/family member without them catching on to your complete lack of participation.
- Argue with teenage son about why he cannot dye his hair florescent pink and shave it into a mokawk for upcoming Halloween Dance.
- Argue with other pre-teen son on why he cannot also shave hair into mohawk and and dye it pink even though older brother wants to also.
- While holding and obviously reading a book, stomp foot and declare that Halloween and Christmas may be cancelled if above mentioned children do not stop talking about mohawks (which sends them both into their rooms to sulk and play emo-music in dramatic teenaged angst mode)
- Sit on sofa reading beside hubs who is flipping between football and hockey and making him think that in fact you are watching and yes, yes I did see that, it was definitely a high-stick, are those refs blind!
Huge thanks to softdrink for this awesomely fun mini-challenge!!
© 2008-2010 Joanne Mosher of The Book Zombie. All rights reserved.