1. What are you reading right now?
I am just starting Neil Gaiman's The Graveyard Book
2. How many books have you read so far?
5 books read so far - it doesn’t really sound like much, but seeing that little pile of books makes me feel like I’ve really accomplished something today.
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?
Not really, I just made sure the kids and the hubs knew I would be busy.
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
I’ve had a few, my border collie bugged to play, so I tossed a tennis ball with one hand while I had a book in the other. I had supper already planned so it was just a matter of heating it up. I had thought laundry would be easy to do while reading, but then realized we had no detergent left, so a quick run to the corner store was needed. Overall it hasn’t been too bad.
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
How easy it is to spend a whole day reading and not have the house fall down around me or have any major catastrophes with the kids (teen boys are normally not this easy)
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
No. This is my first time and it is wonderful!
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year?
Make sure I had more snacks on hand and try to do my updates in a more timely and organized way. I love how others are doing one every hour.
9. Are you getting tired yet?
Nope. I am now getting to my favourite part of the day, I always get very energetic in the evening and right now it is about 10pm so I am raring to go!
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered?
For me the biggest concern was the kids and housework, so I spent most of Friday getting everything out of the way that couldn't be done while reading. Leaving things like laundry and running the dishwasher for today.
© 2008-2010 Joanne Mosher of The Book Zombie. All rights reserved.