Books Read in January 2009
- The Darcys & The Bingleys ♦ Marsha Altman
- Living Dead Girl ♦ Elizabeth Scott
- Skeleton Creek ♦ Patrick Carman
- The Academy ♦ Bentley Little
- Ghouls Gone Wild ♦ Tales From The Crypt
- Fiction ♦ Ara13
- Fairy Tail #1 ♦ Hiro Mashima
- Before I Die ♦ Jenny Downham
- Can You Fear Me Now? ♦ Tales From The Crypt
- Fruit ♦ Brian Francis
- This One Is Mine ♦ Maria Semple
- Boneyard Volume 1 ♦ Richard Moore
- Zombielicious ♦ Tales From The Crypt
- No Beautiful Shore ♦ Beverley Stone
- Mercy Among The Children ♦ David Adams Richards
- Breaking Dawn ♦ Stephanie Meyer
- Fat Woman Next Door Is Pregnant ♦ Michel Tremblay
- Sister, Wife ♦ Shelley Hrdlitschka
- New Dark Voices 2 ♦ Brian Keene (editor)
- Children Of Chaos ♦ Greg F. Gifune
- Year Of Magical Thinking ♦ Joan Didion
I’m quite pleased with my reading progress so far this year, I’ve relaxed a bit and ignored the fact that my TBR is glaringly over-populated. Taking my time with my reading has improved my enjoyment of the books I’m reading, even if I feel something slightly annoying I can search out the positives, which makes me happy. Adding some graphic novels and young adult into the mix has also helped me to avoid my normal winter blues reading slump.
- Writing a review as soon as I finish a book – this will help me avoid a review back-up and help re-stock my bank of review posts.
- I really need to add some more non-fiction in, it’s not like I don’t have lots on my shelves waiting.
- Each month I would like to read at least 3 books from the horror/dark fantasy/fantasy genre. This type of book has always been my comfort read and I’ve neglected it lately.
Weird. Strange. Unusual. Keywords.
I find these keywords posts highly amusing, so I thought I would start highlighting some of the more bizarre things that have led people to my site. This is my first time, I’m not nearly as witty as most of you and my sense of humour has always been a little on the dark side. So here are the ones that made me lol.
"screwed up life of charlie" – No idea who Charlie is, or why he’s screwed but how weird is it that a search term ended up causing me to add a book to my TBR mountain :P
“Oryx And Crake – Endings” – Not to be bitchy but, just read the damn book.
"Bentley Little retiring ?” – OMG I sure hope not!
“New Years gangbang Kentville” – Wow, and here I always thought Kentville was such a pleasant little town.
“Are they making a movie about the book th1rteen r3asons why by jay asher ?” – I don’t know, but I think it’s an awesome idea and I would love to watch it.
“negative review opinion the shack” ✔ “negative reviews on the shack” ✔ “negative reviews to the shack" ✔ “the shack by william young negative reviews” ✔ “the shack did not like” ✔ Plus many, many more. I hated this book, but now I’m wondering if it’s the same person doing all this searching :0
”the shack tricked me” – Yes, yes it did – the cover synopsis for this book is about as fake as those gorgeous girls you see on the front of X-rated movies. What’s really inside is more than likely to burn your retina.
“what's the plural of series” – I have no idea, most of the time I just pop a ‘ at the end.
“zombies porno photos” – of for the love of god, there must be 800 hits on my site for this phrase and as much as I love zombies, this is just gross people. Why aren’t you all checking out coroner’s websites or something? Is there really a market for this? Oh who am I kidding, of course there must be.
“Circle of zombies masturbating” – LMAO, ewww, seriously who searches for these things?
“zombie woman porn” – Okay, okay here you go ----------------------->
© 2008-2010 Joanne Mosher of The Book Zombie. All rights reserved.